PASS THE RESOLUTIONS


Happy New Year!!! In all honesty I am a bit nervous going in to 2020. Looking back at this past year, 2019 was probably one of the best years I can remember. Not that any one amazing thing happened but the total year combined was one of growth for my family:

  • Alex had a great first year of college and is thriving in his second year. He moved away and got into the program he wanted. He also survived a summer in California chasing off bears and mountain lions from campers.
  • Anna is finishing her senior year, looking at colleges and exploring her future.
  • We found a great tutor for Ella and are so relieved to see progress and her enjoying school
  • Our jobs seem to be in a stable place and as low stress as I guess a job can be.
  • After decades of searching and yo-yoing I finally found an eating style I believe I can live with and was able to lose and keep off 30 lbs since last February
I like to think of myself as a positive person but I feel like I am waiting for a shoe to drop. How could 2020 keep the momentum of 2019 or top it?

Typically this is a time of year I think about resolutions but right now I am feeling great. I made my biggest change last year and have kept at it. I think this year will be tweaking my life vs major fixes. 

For 2020 I have decided to make a list of goals vs resolutions:
  • I want to get back to my wedding weight. Today I checked in at 216.8 so that means I want to lose 46.8 lbs in 2020. Ideally by our Anniversary but I'll be giddy if I get close. Hell, let's be real, I'll be giddy with any more weight loss...
  • I want to go on a tropical family vacation. Not sure when or where yet but we are due for a fun trip.
  • My 2020 focus will be on getting more active. 2019 I focused on my eating and I think i have that in a good place. To keep going and chip away at my first goal, I have to get moving.
  • And possibly the hardest one for me, I will break my obsession with the scale. I am limiting myself to just my Wednesday Weigh-Ins. For years I have weighed myself every day and sometime several times a day. I have tried to cut this habit in the past and only made it a day or two before curiosity got the better of me. So if I need will power for anything it is to stay off the scale.
Here is to a great 2020! May you have strength to work on your goals. If you are looking for an accountability buddy, I can't have enough so shoot me a note.


Comments

Popular Posts