Counting My Millions

Since I can't even remember the last weekend we went out, I didn't mind spending Friday and Saturday night glued to my computer. I have been reading up on what blogging is, how it all works and trying to find advice from experienced bloggers.

Truly, I find it all mind boggling. I am technically illiterate. I am still trying to figure out how to use Facebook and gave my iPod to Alex because I got too frustrated toying with iTunes. I need a tutorial for anything tech-y.

Bloggers speak a different language. I have to admit I had only read a few blog entries before I started this one and they were written by my siblings. I have learned it is not as simple as "If you build it, they will come."

Apparently the idea is to get followers (I think that is what it's called) and comments. The more of them the better because this is supposed to lead to visits which equals more views which means more people and since advertisers like to go where the people are going, you get more ads which (if you're doing it right) translates to more money.

I was telling Pete how it all works and he decided he would quit his job on Monday and start spending the millions I will be raking in. So glad I have his support on this.

On a separate note, I ran into a friend from high school I hadn't seen in years. She told me she's been enjoying my blog. I have to say that totally made my day. I haven't written anything creative since English 101 my Freshman year and I forgot how much fun it can be, so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
My Advice: Be a blog bully... I MADE all my friends follow my blog. If they ask what I'm up to, i tell them to go read my blog :)

This coming from someone who doesn't want too many followers too fast. I don't want a bajillion followers in the event my "business" flops. How embarassing would that be?

My other piece of advice: post more pics of the kiddies, everyone LOVES photos. Speaking of which, pics from my trip to VT coming tonight!

Popular Posts