Gooey Butter Coffee Cake


This one was super easy, even though I was distracted by my kids and holding a 10 month old so I accidently put two extra eggs in the cake batter part. I also used 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese. It turned out just fine. Perhaps a little less gooey than it is supposed to be, but I doubt I will get complaints.

1 box Pound Cake Mix
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
2 Tbsp vanilla
4 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
.25 c chopped nuts (optional)

Mix cake mix, 2 eggs & margarine. Place in 13” x 9” ungreased pan. Mix cheese, vanilla, 2 eggs & powdered sugar (save 2 Tbsp) and pour on top of cake mixture. Bake at 325˚ for 15 minutes. Sprinkle nuts and remaining 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar over top. Return to oven and bake 25 – 35 additional minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts