Super Easy Guacamole Recipe

I really wanted to post this yesterday in honor of Cinco de Mayo, but I went to bed early instead. (Sorry, but the novelty of staying up to midnight blogging every night has totally worn off.)

I made this guacamole recipe yesterday and brought it into the office for our Cinco de Mayo happy hour (I work in an agency. We love any excuse to throw a happy hour). I had intentions of taking a picture, but once I remembered, it was practically gone.


I have to give credit to my cousin, Suzanne, for this one. She passed this recipe on to me and I tweeked it just a bit.

Original Recipe

3 avacados 
1/2 cup red onion
1 large tomato chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup feta cheese

Mix vinegar, garlic, oil. Add avocados, onion, and tomato. Once combined, add feta. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

I squeezed 1/2 a lime into the vinegar mixture and added some hot sauce & lime zest. Instead of chopping a tomato, I had some bruschetta in the fridge so I put in about 3/4 cup of that. Once I mixed it all together, I squeezed another 1/4 a lime on top just to keep it all looking green until our happy hour.

Since I am counting my calories, I served it with veggies (sliced cucumber, red & green bell peppers and jicama. Of course chips are always great too.)

As always, if you try it, please let me know what you think or if you put your own twist on it.

-Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts