I heard on the radio yesterday that today is officially the most depressing day of the year. Someone realized that:
- Monday's typically suck
- Winter is cold and depressing
- It still gets dark way too early
- Most New Year's Resolutions are broken by the 3rd week of January
- Christmas credit card bills are due
I guess when you add all that up together you get the most depressing day of the year. Being the optimist I am, of course I choose to look on the bright side of things:
- Tomorrow is Tuesday, which is one day closer to Friday
- Winter is the perfect time to hide my work-in-progress New's Resolution to get in better shape under a huge sweatshirt and/or a Forever Lazy.
- I can already tell the days are getting longer.
- I set the bar low so I am still going strong on the New Year's stuff
- January's credit card bill will feel tiny now that the Christmas one is behind us.
So I say Happy Monday everyone. Go out and spread optimism to all your downer friends, family and coworkers.
|Remember when life was this easy? To be a kid again.|