WEIGHT FOR IT

I was having a hard time with the name so I figured a pun is always an option and I did create a "Growth Roadmap" when I started back in February but waited until I had some results to share.


I started my journey/health focus/new life-style (or whatever you want to call it) 5 months ago yesterday. While I do wish I could say I have lost 40-50 pounds, I know in time I will get there. For now I am happy that I am still at it 5 months later and I have had some wins along the way:
  • I don't think I have EVER been this dedicated to my health. 5 months is an unofficial record form me
  • I still stand at my desk (most of the time)
  • My endurance has gone up. When I started it was a battle to stay on the elliptical trainer for 40 minutes at a level 5 resistance and now I consistently do 65 minutes at level 12. I do this 3-4 days a week
  • I have added weight training via Cross-Fit 2 days a week (for the last 3 weeks). I often get asked what I think. I love the results. I literally was able to see more muscle tone after the first workout. The class (right now) is pure torture. Though so was the elliptical trainer 5 months ago. It does make it easier to resist reaching for an empty calorie fix when your arm is too sore to move. I hope to someday increase to 3-4 classes a week, but right now it takes me 3 days to recover from each session so I can only do 2 a week
  • I eat much healthier than I ever have but I am not perfect and need to really buckle down to get where I want to be
  • My kids tell me there is nothing to eat in the house, so I take that as a good sign I am buying less junk
  • My clothes fit better. I can't say I dropped a dress-size because I refused to buy a bigger one, but if I had, I would probably be out of it by now
  • I have lost 13-15 pounds (Even though I was pretty good on our trip home over the 4th, I still gained 3-4 pounds that week and then was pretty pissed and had a pity-party which probably bumped me up to a 5 pound gain in total). But I quickly rebounded (one Cross-Fit class will do that to you) and spent the last week shaking off 3 of re-found pounds
I get asked if I feel better and in all honesty, I feel tired. I wake up early to workout, work all day and then get crabby at night. I try to go to bed earlier but I am still restless. Sometimes I have zero desire to be on mom duty and feel lazy but I am just pooped. I know I need to make this my next optimization and quickly before homework starts back up again.


Even though my digits aren't where I would have loved them to be, I still thought it was time to share my Roadmap. It is sort of like facing your debt in order to conquer it or doing the 12 steps. Thanks for the encouragement and reading along with what I plan to be the first part of my journey. Onward and downward from here and what I assume will be another month before my next check in.




Comments

Popular Posts