Mac-n-Cheese

This is probably my 2nd most requested recipe but I can not take credit for it either. A former coworker gave me this one, and now I pass it on to you.

It was originally a crock-pot recipe, but I have done both and the only difference is the cooking time. The crock-pot is great for entertaining when you serve buffet style.

It makes a pretty large dish so it is also nice when sending a meal to someone. I divide it in two smaller foil pans, keep one and give one away.

It calls for a dash of paprika on the top, but I never add that as my selective eaters would not understand the dash of color on this fantastic, cheesy carb.

As always, let me know if you try it. Love to hear your thoughts or if you improve it, definitely let me know.

1 - 16 oz box macaroni
1/2 c butter or margarine
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cheddar cheese condensed soup
1 c milk
2 eggs
4 c shredded cheddar cheese
dash of paprika (optional)

Boil the macaroni according the packaging instructions, cooking al dente, then drain
Stir in butter (it said to melt butter first, but if you do it when the pasta is hot, it melts anyway and saves me a dish to wash)

In a separate bowl mix the evaporated milk, cheddar cheese soup, milk and eggs.
Stir in 3-ish cups of the cheddar cheese

Pour mixture over the pasta and mix well.

Crock Pot: dump it in and put on low. Cook for 4 hours. Add remaining cheese on top to look pretty.

Oven Method: dump in a greased baking dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake at 375˚ for about 35-45 minutes depending on the pan size. You'll start to smell it when it is getting close and top should bubble.

Comments

Popular Posts