My Aunt Sue brought these adorable cheeseburgers to a family party, probably over 10 years ago. They were a huge hit then and just as much so when I pull these out today. So super, incredibly easy, Anna is demo-ing them here for you. She has a bake sale at school tomorrow and these always sell like hot cakes. Kids love, love, love them.
Here is what you'll need:
- Vanilla Wafers
- Chocolate covered round cookies (we used Grasshoppers)
- Icing dyed red & yellow
- Melted butter (a few tablespoons)
- Sesame seeds
- First put a dab of red icing on the top of a vanilla wafer
- Then put the chocolate cookie on top and press down so icing starts to come out the sides
- Next, put a dab of yellow icing on top of the chocolate cookie
- Then put another vanilla wafer on top and press down until the icing comes out the sides
- Lightly brush the top of the wafer with the melted butter
- Finally, sprinkle sesame seeds on top for that special cheeseburger finish
When my aunt made them, she added coconut which she dyed green as lettuce. It was adorable, but I know many kids do not like coconut, so I typically leave this off. They are still pretty stinkin' cute without it. I promise these are so easy, an 8 year old can make them (and all this control freak had to do was the dishes).