Mysterious Ways

I have made it a principle to keep my religious and political beliefs out of this blog but I think I have made it pretty well known that I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. It may take time to see the purpose and it may cause you pain and heartache, but at the end of the day something good will come of it.

The last 6 weeks have been grueling but I have faith that I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. For years Pete and I have looked under every rock and run into several dead ends in trying to help our son with his struggles. With each passing year he does better and better and while we have known he still has some frustrations, he functions at a manageable level and we had hoped his progress would continue as he has come so far already.

I'll be completely honest, we had quit looking under stones as I thought we had turned them all over. These recent developments have sent me back to the hay stack determined to find our needle. Little did I know there are two amazing resources in my life already. They haven't been there this entire time, but they are here now which is all that matters. I am elated that we have hope again. Finally, not to have to rely on time but a chance to have actual tools, it is more than I could have dreamed of.

I feel bad that we had settled for less than he deserved. Never again. While I am not happy with the events that have led to this, I don't think we would be at this point today if things hadn't unfolded the way they did. Just another example of God working his mysterious ways. 

Comments

Popular Posts