SPRING FORWARD, STUMBLE BACK

As much as I love the extra hour in the fall, I absolutely LOATHE losing the hour in the spring. It has always been annoying but after having kids it just became cruel. This year, I knew it was coming but still forgot to change the clocks ahead so I woke up at 6:30 with a plan to get to the grocery first thing and try to bang out as many chores as possible before Ella woke up. As I got in my car to head home I checked my phone only to realize it was now 9:00 vs 8:00 and those precious 60 minutes had disappeared. I spent the rest of the day working around the house, non-stop and...


I skipped my workout.


By 8:00 pm I was totally pooped and caved.


Monday morning the alarm went off and I could barely move. I SOOOOOO didn't want to get out of bed. That is when the time change really hits. The clock said 4:52 but it felt every bit of 3:52 am. That is a time that should not even exist in the universe.


I laid there for a split minute with my feet on the ground hanging over the side, my back on the bed and then pulled myself up, forcing myself into my workout clothes. Pretty sure a few choice words slipped out because I was definitely thinking them.


Tuesday was a little easier but I was still feeling the Spring Forward hangover and needed the alarm to wake me up.


Wednesday I needed to be in Green Bay by 8:30 which meant I needed to leave my house by 4:45 to get the workout in, shower and make the 50 minute drive up north. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for that one.


Thursday, things were finally starting to feel normal again but I had a tickle in my throat. Then in the afternoon a team building event with wine and painting and it was the first drink I had had in months. Well probably 2 months or a month and a half-ish... It was very needed and a great way to chill with my peers. I miss adult company especially with Pete working later than I stay awake. My diet was not as strict as my workout routine and I over did pretty much everything.


By Friday I could definitely tell I had a cold, I was not really hung over, but tired and I slept in. It was totally needed. Unfortunately it did nothing to help my escalating cold which pretty much kicked my butt over the weekend and I basically parked on my couch. Monday I worked from home hoping to keep the germs to myself and again my gym shoes were lonely.


Today, my meds kicked in and though my cold is probably hiding in my chest or head somewhere it was not in my nose and I could finally breath. I set the alarm and saddle back on the horse. Slow but managed the entire hour.


On the upside from my workout blip, other than Thursday, I was watching what I ate and trying to eat only when hungry. The cold helped minimize that so I actually saw a little gift on the scale. I am about 5 weeks in and 7 pounds down. Normally I would be bummed but I know I earned each of those 7 pounds and I am good with it.


The big hurdle this week will be travel. Kentucky friends, who wants to walk this weekend?



Comments

Popular Posts