BACK TO THE GRIND

The last month has been, well off. Between:

  • Vacation
  • My gym being closed for 2 weeks
  • Pete's shift change
  • Back to school
  • Soccer/homework/Alex working
So much in our lives has changed, I was off my workout routine. I did join Pete's gym but I don't like it as much as mine so I didn't go as much as I should have when mine shut down for its annual whatever it closes for. I did leverage the desk treadmill and walking paths at lunch but not nearly enough to make up for my missed workouts. And I am long overdue for a beating at Crossfit.

Fortunately, I managed to maintain my weight and haven't any real set backs, just no progress. But today is the first day in weeks I finally feel back to myself:
  • Insanely awful period last week
  • A cold
  • Typical work stress
All excuses I know but I let them get the best of me and today I seemed to find my balance. Who knows, after Ella's practice is over and I tackle dinner and homework maybe I will workout. Actually,  it will be time to put her to bed so I will do that and then pack my gym bag for tomorrow and start fresh. Then I will do squats and lunges while I watch whatever I DVR'ed tonight. That's a good compromise, right?

Comments

Popular Posts