WEEK 1 UPDATE

Thank you for all the DMs, texts, and comments. Your support means the world to me. I know I shock some people by publicly sharing my story, numbers, and hurdles as openly as I do but I am a firm believer if you are ashamed or embarrassed by something, it has power over you.


Being the control freak that I am, I can't let something as stupid as a number own any part of my life. I have been working on my refocused health efforts for a week now and thought I'd give an update.


DIET: I have stuck with this since January 1st

  • Breakfast: coffee (loving my Nespresso), 2 scoops of collegian, couple squirts sugar-free syrup (Jordan’s Skinny Syrups are my new favs), large splash of heavy whipping cream (at some point I will measure but for now this is measured with love)
  • Lunch: salad with some protein (bag of chopped salad mix – this week was a poppyseed one, with spring mix & more romaine, goat cheese, roughly 4 oz turkey or chicken and a 2-ish Tbsp dressing) 
  • Dinner: 4-6 oz protein, veggies and a little carb. This has varied. I ordered Indian food so a few nights I had about a cup basmati rice, palak paneer, butter chicken and added 2 oz chopped turkey. One night I had some leftover chicken enchiladas which I added extra Pico, 2 oz turkey, cilantro & sour cream.
  • Snacks: Built bar (for a chocolate fix), Moon cheese, Quevos or Wild chips, or other lower carb/added protein 150-200 calories sort of snack.

I have been easing into a diet plan and trying to figure it out as I go. I am not tracking yet and am still a clean plate club member. Instead, I am trying to put appropriate portions on my plate so I can still eat it all. Also, I have been eating when the hunger warnings come. I am focusing on more nutrient dense foods, not really low carb but looking for protein and fresh produce.

 

Meal prep has never been my thing but I will throw together a big container of salad (no dressing) so it keeps for several days and makes my lunch prep super-fast. I also typically cook meat in bulk and have it chopped and ready for another shortcut. This week I bought a precooked turkey breast at Sam's and sliced it up. It has been a great protein add to meals.

 

I need to do some research this week on medical stuff. Probably need an MRI on my knee so I'll be exploring pricing on that, need to find a primary care doctor and set up a well check/labs...

 

I will be starting the last week of my current step bet. This one was harder than I anticipated. I thought being off work and school, I'd have extra time to get in steps and not be tied to my desk, but it wasn't. I had to do laps in my house or walk in place at night to get them all in.

 

I have a set of 15 and 10 lbs. dumbbells next to our couch, so a couple of nights I have done some light upper body moves while getting my Bravo fix in. If Biscuit will stay off my head, I should start adding in some ab/core moves as well.

 

The scale has been moving in the right direction with these small changes, but I imagine I will need to incorporate better tracking/measuring of my food in the future. I want to add yoga to stretching because I just don’t do it on my own. 

 

As for the night binges, when I am making progress, it is easier to conquer temptation. Honestly, the tug has been more subtle and easier to ignore. My plan for battling a more severe urge when it comes is to write a blog, lift weights, take a shower, go to bed or some other distraction to avoid caving.

 

I step on the scale almost every day. I am torn. I love the data but I also know water, stress, bowel movements and many other things all impact the number and as much as I hate to admit it, that number does impact my day. I’d like to get to a once a week and literally share my Weigh-In Wednesday as the only weight in I do but I am not sure I am ready to go cold turkey on that one just yet… TBD

 

If you are thinking about making some self-care changes, let me know. I love company.





Comments

Popular Posts