Reflections

Today is January 7th and I am still so excited about the new year. I guess I have seen 37 New Years in my day (and yes, I really had to think about that, and yes I am only 36, emphasis on ONLY - ha). I can't remember the last time I was in such a good mood about a date change. Pete and I are both on the same page here and we were trying to figure out why this is.

He was thinking that 2011 was just constantly depressing. The news, the economy, terrorism, politics, the weather, you name it, it was gloom and doom every time you turned on the TV. Additionally with the economy and our industries, we were both a bit concerned about our jobs, but so far so good.

I sort of feel like I was just going through the motions and trying to get by in 2011. I can't say anything specifically bad happened. Lord knows I have faced tougher years. I really don't know what it is, but I am super glad it is behind us.

As for my 2012 giddiness, I wish I knew. I'd probably figure out a way to sell it. I think for the first time I am truly excited about the future and less focused on the past.
  • I have a lot of fun with this blog and can't wait to see where it goes.
  • Loving watching Ella grow. She gets more and more fun everyday.
  • Alex and Anna's issues with school and homework battles are becoming fewer and farther between.
  • I am regaining my confidence at work and know where I want to take my career (Ella's birth sort of threw me off my career stride).
And then there are the little things:
  • Over the holidays I cleaned and purged. Some drawers hadn't been cleaned out in the 7 years since we have lived in the house.
  • Scrubbed the floors and dusted areas that were literally ridiculous
  • It's been almost a week and we've managed to keep the house somewhat clean.
  • We started the chores list for the kids and so far they love it. We'll see how long the excitement lasts but right now, they ask us if they can get to work.
  • Anna started her ice skating lessons and loved it. It was awesome to see her enjoy a physical activity that she was good at.
  • I finally figured out how to use my ipod and now the kids and I have tunes we like loaded up (I know, but I don't think you all realize how technically challenged I am).
I am also super jazzed about my New Years Resolutions. I am like most people who make them and never stick to them which is precisely why this year, rather than do it for myself, I am doing it for the family. I just want to get my butt moving. I have been hopping on the elliptical trainer, walking and I have bought a few Shred videos that I have yet to try but hope to soon. As I mentioned last week, I am giving some serious thought to joining Town & Country. Tomorrow I plan to take the kids and check it out. I figure if I can do a variety of things on my own and make an effort to get the kids there 2-3 times a week, I can play with them and not worry about it being my only activity.

I have even half-heartedly been counting my calories again on Lose-It. I found that even just that helps keep me on track. I don't want to be crazy about it, but just adding in some healthier habits and taking things one day at a time.

    Comments

    Popular Posts