YIKES, PAST TIME FOR AN UPDATE

I honestly can't believe how fast time is flying. I really thought I had checked in a week or two ago but it has almost been a month. I am going to apologize for the thoughts loosely strung together in this post. I have had a lot swirling in my head for a while and am just randomly spewing them out.


Just had to look at my calendar and saw I am on week 8. I didn't exactly keep track officially, but going back through the dates and guestimating, I think I have worked out roughly 48 of the past 61 days...


Not bad but I had higher expectations of myself.


In all honesty I had higher expectations of scale results too.


I let travel, holidays, and congestion hold me back from working out. Hitting the gym after missing 3 days is like a mini-restart. Not as bad as the first one, but the excuse voices are definitely stronger the more off-days I take. This morning I laid back in bed after my 5:00 alarm but did eventually make myself get up and go. Now I have guilt voices too saying, "You are going to blog about this, you must get up and do it."


- so a little thank you for reading and keeping me accountable


My workouts currently consist of 65 minutes on the elliptical trainer while reading & listening to Pandora. I know I need to mix it up but right now, I enjoy the mindless routine. I don't have to think about what to do or manage my time to get to a class. This is easy and I had missed reading. This has been a great way to incorporate entertainment and exercise.


I haven't really been watching what I eat in the last 4 weeks. I have good meals and bad. I'd like to think I am consciously trying to make healthier choices but not being a slave to it. In my twenties and thirties, had I eaten like this and worked out this much I would have lost 20 lbs by now. It was so much easier then it amazes me I waited until my metabolism hit a wall before I made this more of a priority in my life.


The scale bounces between 4-7 lbs weight loss in the last 8 weeks. This depresses me a little bit so I have decided to focus on looking ahead. We booked a vacation in late summer so I am setting that as a goal to see some real progress because so far:
  • my clothes pretty much fit the same
  • the scale clearly reflects this
  • I am tired all day from waking up too early
  • I am seeing more stamina during my workouts as I have increased my resistance double to when I started and now 60 minutes is a given where as originally 45 was often a battle. When I started the little incline leaving the gym was a struggle to hobble up but now I walk confidently out each morning back up to my car.


I recently discovered my company has a nutritionist in our health facility so I have scheduled an appointment for Wednesday. I am pretty excited about it and will keep you all posted on how that goes.


I am hoping to keep my consistent workout routine while I shift gears a bit and get my diet going in the right direction. Then I will look to mix up my workouts and dial up the strength training. Might be the right time to book the personal trainer as well.


I am trying to make small changes I can live with and build on this time around. I am a work in progress. No rush, no due date, no final deliverables...

Comments

Popular Posts